Taiwan Day 3

Monday, April 15, 2013

Day 3:
We started off our journey by going to Shandao Temple station (善導寺) to have our breakfast. The famous Fu Hang Dou Jiang (阜杭豆漿) which was at 2nd floor inside the market. Easily found though. We queued for around 20 minutes until our turn and lucky enough the queue was until ground floor at the back of the market. Normally, crowd would queue even further.

We ordered salted soy milk, normal soy milk, pancake and deep fried crullers. The salted soy milk was rather impressive which tasted more like salted 豆花. I love the crullers very much. Thin layer of flour and very crunchy.

After having our late brunch, we went to Sogo via Zhongxiao Fuxing station (忠孝復興). It's one of the famous department store in Taiwan. Goods sold are not cheap though. I managed to buy some skincare.

Next, we went to Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall 國立國父紀念館 via Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall MRT station 國父紀念館站. This was not in my plan initially but we want to travel to suite the MRT line which is all within same line which is Taipei Nangang Line.

This place is quite magnificent and large. Many teenagers were practicing their dances outside the hall which is rather new thing for me. Not something we can found easily in Malaysia. Plus, Taiwan is famous for its diverse cultures, mixture of old and new. Perhaps, their country is nearer to countries like Korea or Japan, we can sense some similarity in their cultures.

Continue with our tour inside the Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall, we just went to the museum and the hall where Sun Yat Sen statue sat. Saw stamps and get over-excited with it, as told by my friend, that we can see those stamps basically at most of the places of interest. Stamps hunt continue on. Gift/Souvenir Shop is a must visit place for me anywhere I go except Selangor & Kuala Lumpur lah...

Looking around and saw postcard. A must sent item back to Malaysia whenever I go, if I can find it lah. So I grabbed  2 pieces at the price of NTD60 each. One for me and one for my colleague. Stamp to Malaysia cost NTD10 each. Bought some magnets for myself and my colleagues as requested. I'm super fans of magnet and must find until I get it bwahaha!. Lucky enough, Taiwan has lots of magnets especially cute ones. Any magnet lovers here?

We sat the train to next station in Taipei Nangang line (台北南港) to Taipei City Hall station. Upon reaching, we asked the information center how to take a shuttle bus to Taipei 101. Seems nearby but is not short walking distance though. And again lucky enough, we just waited for 5 minutes, the shuttle bus came. It was crowded at that time. The shuttle bus departed from Taipei 101 every 1/2 hours and drop by Taipei City Hall to fetch passengers.

Inside Taipei 101 was full with super luxurious branded goods. It's not a shopping destination for us. So we straight up to 5th floor to the entrance. The entrance fee is NTD400 and with Youth Travel card at NTD350 which we do not bother to enter. Some more, the weather was hazy which I guess nothing to see as well. Not to be miss is the gift shop, I managed to buy wooden postcard at NTD100 which was unique enough. Other souvenirs was expensive though.

To sit back to Taipei City Hall, we waited for 15 minutes for the bus to depart. It's near evening and we are heading to the most happening, youngsters spots in Taiwan, Xi Men Ding (西門町). We tasted some of the food and the famous mala hotpot is at there as well but do note that reservation is needed. By the time we reserve for a place of 2, the earliest is 10pm. Instead, my hubby suggested to watch movie there. We watched Olympus Has Fallen. By the time the movie finish, around 9pm we stroll around and I managed to get myself boots and thick jacket. Something to warm up my body finally.

We ordered 陰陽湯 (麻辣 和草藥). The mala was very spicy and can cause numb which I opt more of the herbal soup. I like the freshness of the ingredients prepared and the most important is my favourite abalone slice is available as well as angus beef (the best beef yet). I took that like crazy gal who never eat that before. However, beef tendon and pork slice was rather normal. They do serve Movenpick and Haagen dasz ice cream (something that I no need to emphasize for those had been to this mala hotpot). We did not really took up 2 hours here as we want to catch the last train to Taipei Main Station at 12am.

This is how we ended our Day 3 trip.

Next, Day 4.


0 comments: